Wednesday, March 09, 2011

last train home

happy ash wednesday.  and happy day #1 of things I am grateful for.

and today, it's my sweet tyrone.  my number two child.  the one who tries my patience with his anger  and melts my heart with his cuddles.  he asks great questions, loves music and hockey and lego.  he is fierce and kind.  his teachers and friends have nothing but kind words about my ty.

and he has an amazing memory for details - especially hockey schedules, football plays, player names, games and dates.  I just wish he could remember where middle c was on the piano!!

he crawled into bed with me last night because he couldn't go to sleep and we had a chat about creativity.  about the importance of using your imagination.  and not always following the music or the directions on your lego instructions.  and I had a moment.  I love this kid.  and I love being his mom.  I am so grateful that I get to spend my days with him.  he's my favourite five year old!!

No comments: