Tuesday, January 24, 2006

miss shirely was a wise one

Yesterday was a bit of a rough eating day for me. I found myself falling into old habit patterns when it came to my choices. We ordered BP last night, I made an informed, nutritional, yet satisfying choice, but then I picked off of Nate's plate like it was the last time I was going to ever see and enjoy a chicken finger. Did I even enjoy it? HECK NO...I was too busy stuffing it in my mouth. So I over did it in the calorie department - far, far, far over what I usually eat, then I was hungry 2 hrs later and I had a hard time fighting the "you already blew it" mentality. Now, I didn't make an awful choice with my snack, but it wasn't great either, considering all the calories I had consumed. I guess the real test is how I view today...it is a new day - fresh with no mistakes in it [as Miss Shirley says to Anne]. Maybe I need to cut back some today so that over 2 days it all evens out. I can do that. I can definitely do that.

No comments: