so it's really easy to say that life is busy, that there's not really time to stop and spend a few moments reflecting on my day, my week, my life. although in many ways it's true, it's partly because I put myself on the back burner when life gets a bit hectic. and really, [and this will be a shock to you, so brace yourselves!] I blog for my sanity, not because anyone really reads this. okay, sorry to the two of you that are faithful readers! so, I want to take a pause and just take this blog post to be thankful for a few things:
1. I am thankful that I have a wonderful job that I really love. it's hard to be thankful in the middle of IPP, report card and PTI season, but I am very grateful that I can provide for my family with a job that I adore.
2. I am thankful for all my stamping buddies. I let myself feel criticized [I'm sure it was how I took it vs. how it was intended] about why I sell stampin' up! and I made myself feel "less than" when defending how I do things with my business. lately I have been really reflecting on the "why" and I am so thankful that I keep going with this business just purely because of the relationships I have formed and the joy that just the thought of the girls I meet with monthly, occasionally and sometimes just yearly.
3. I am thankful for my kids. I talk a lot of crap sometimes, mainly because parenting is maybe the hardest job I've ever had, but I do love my kids. I love how Nate is learning to read and tells me how "when two vowels go a'walking the first one does the talking" and how Ty sings everything and can play Nate's batman song on the piano better than Nate can!
4. I am thankful for my husband. he's not the most talkative guy, nor the best communicator. however, he loves me best and I love him best. he treats me better than I often treat myself and for that I am so thankful.
5. I am thankful for all the people past and present that invest in my life. I could start with my parents, but really, the list is quite lengthy. some people I've lost touch with. some people I am still friends with. some people were there for a time and a place. some people have been along for a big part of the ride. but everyone has played a part and invested something of themselves in my life. and for that, I am eternally thankful.