Wednesday, February 14, 2007

so many things.

do you believe in signs? omens? the word omen is just another word for sign. we seem to associate it with "bad signs" or apprehension, but in the old days, it just meant...well, this is what dictionary.com says: "anything perceived or happening that is believed to portend a good or evil event or circumstance in the future". k, enough of the tech talk!

a couple of things have happened over the last few days.

1. at church, week before last, andrea did the leading and she talked about the parable of the talents - the guys with 10 & 5 investing theirs and doubling what they had and then the guy with 1 [who hid it and got sent to the lake of burning fire!]. we talked about the kingdom of God and what that is and to be honest, I can't even remember all the things we talked about and the conclusions we came to...but it's important, nonetheless...trust me!

2. I had a talk with a friend/mentor about my career future. we were talking about the alchemist [the book] and how the universe [God] conspires to bring us good things. God wants to give his children good things...we just need to ask [okay, so I know my theology isn't all explained here, but you get the idea..."we have not because we ask not" and all of that]. bottom line. I just need to ask. new job assignment. a four-day week. I need to ask.

3. I downloaded the whole read the bible in a year podcast. guess what it was today...yup, the parable of the talents. think it's a sign? mmmmm....

4. I also downloaded a sermon from htb [I am having a bit of a love affair with british things right now]. now, I have only listened to the first half, but buddy [seriously, I have no idea what his name is] starts talking about dreams - that God wants to use us, but so often we dream too small.

okay, so on their own...nothing huge. together, mixing around...a sign. do I know what it all means? heck no. but my eyes are open and I am asking and waiting for God to show me.

No comments: