Tuesday, June 05, 2007

quote of the day [aka the way I see it #212]

patience is a virtue, life is a waiting game. peace must be nurtured, and all the money in the world can buy you nothing. let me tell you that. [corinne bailey rae]

I am still hung up by my stupid foot - it still aches and is driving me NUTS. I am finding it really difficult not to be discouraged about it, but it is still discouraging. I feel like I haven't cleaned my house in weeks ['cause I haven't!] and that my kids at school are a wee bit out of control, because I can't chase them down and they know that. on the good side though, I am booking a flight to LA this week [more to come on that!!] and I kicked some butt on my first draft of my application for the leadership course; so only a couple more re-writes before it needs to be on the supe's desk. by friday. phew! SO MUCH TO DO!! yeah, it's report card season...so off to work on all the fun stuff.

before I do, I should re-read the first quote...because I have such a difficult time with patience. the "peace must be nurtured" part reminds me of that part in proverbs that says "a kind word turns away wrath"...I can't remember the rest, but you get my point. or maybe I get my point!

2 comments:

susan said...

What the?? LA?? I'm calling you right now!!

Okay...emailing you...Seth is still not asleep!! DANG!

susan said...

AND another thing...
I thought you didn't really like my girl Corinne? Now you are quoting her??!! Hmmm...

Her CD is SO good!! Love it, love it...LOVE IT! (think I'll go listen to it right now!)