Tuesday, February 21, 2012

antics

so lent starts tomorrow.

I'm trying to avoid it.  two years ago I gave up meat [all meat?  not sure.  beef for sure].  and it changed my life...well, the way I eat.  I never went back to beef.  okay, except for the random cheeseburger when the craving for mcdonalds gets to be too much.  I'm a flake.  I know.

needless, why is it that every year I feel the need to give up booze?  I did it last year, I can do it this year, right?  and what if john & I go to vegas over spring break...a mere week before easter?  EEEEEKKKKK!  for real?  then there's my sugar addiction.  I love sweets.  I love fake sugar.  I love diet coke.  I love all-organic peanut butter melted with chocolate chips and pretzels.

that said, I need this body to get me to at least 40 + 1 day.  or maybe +40.  right?  oh, and then there's the little issue of the 10lbs that I need to knock off my arse.

k.  fine.  no refined sugar.  no fake sugar.  no booze.  HOWEVER, if some miracle happens and we do go to vegas, me and my smaller arse are going to drink.  and have a dessert or three.

I can do this, right?  HEELLLLPPPPP!!!  lol

so lent starts tomorrow.  if you see me in public, just keep walking.  the first few days are going to be rough.

No comments: