Saturday, July 13, 2013

it's a small world

holy vacation, batman!  in the last two weeks we've flown to california, driven to vegas and flown back to edmonton.  and we've had a lot of adventures in the process!  those of you that follow me on instagram got all the goods, but for those of you that don't, I'll post some pictures and a play by play on monday.

the thing about leaving town the day after school is over is that you don't really clean up the post-school mess.  ha!  I came home to a HUGE disaster!  two days later, the laundry is mainly washed, but still sitting in piles.  and then there are still bags of STUFF that were the boys' desks.  fun.  organization is going to be the name of my game this summer.  and swimming lessons.  and getting my eating back on track.  sigh.  when we left, I was officially down 20lbs.  coming home, I'm up 8.  so I'm going to do a whole14 starting monday just to get my shit under control.  the sugar hangover is going to be a bitch, but I'm going to say that it was worth it.

margaritas in every restaurant possible.  dinner and the BEST dessert ever at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill on my birthday.  being stuck in an airport for 5 extra hours.  yeah, you could say that being up 8lbs is not the end of the world, all things considered.  maybe the change for me is that it doesn't need to wreck me.  in the past, it would have been the end of the world.  today, I'm getting my body prepped by staying away from grains and dairy.  tomorrow, I'll increase my water.  and on monday, the sugar and booze is getting kicked to the curb.  yippie!

I was going to post my favourite pic to end off this post, but I can't seem to find just one.  so here are a couple:




No comments: