Saturday, May 06, 2006

a standstill

well, I have been back at work for a full month and I have discovered that I am at a standstill. although my exercise has increased my quality of eating has decreased. part of that is having to bring a lunch, coming home late, having to worry about food for the boys, fitting in time to grocery shop...I could go on. regardless of the reasons, there are a few things I can do. for this week, I am going to make a couple of mini goals.

1. drink 3L of water a day [I've been slacking on this] and try to drink this water before meal times.

2. portion sizes - I am going to do one of two things: pack smaller potions or just eat half. this includes the skill of listening to my body and getting in tune with my hunger/saity feelings. although this may appear to be tougher to do than counting calories, it will be something I can do when what I have to eat may not be the best quality. am I throwing good eating out of the window? heck no. I will endeavor to choose healthy, quality, filling food whenever possible.

maybe this can kick me out of my standstill and get me moving in the right direction once again.

No comments: