Sunday, January 01, 2012

hell of a season

yes, I have a new favourite album:  the black keys "el camino".  january will be full of blog posts devoted to them.  and their songs.  hehehe!!

okay, but this post is actually about my one word for twenty twelve.  the word that I've had lingering in my head for the last while has been sadly replaced.  to the point where I can't even remember what I was going to choose.  odd eh?  yeah.  I hate the word I've picked.  or in this case, the word that picked me.  HATE. IT.  it's going to be WAY to much work this year.  and it may mean that I have to stop fighting.  damn it.

I know it's the right word for me though.  I know this in every fibre of my being.  it resonates a little too deep and gives me that feeling in my belly where I just know it's the direction I am suppose to go.  crap.

{luke 17:31b:  "If you grasp and and cling to life on your terms, you'll lose it, but if you let that life go, you'll get life on God's terms."}

it's a good thing that change doesn't happen overnight.  and it's really good that it's a journey.  because this is going to be tough.  good thing I'm not alone.

happy twenty-twelve!
xo

2 comments:

susan said...

Great word! But I totally get how it kind of sucks - it's a word with a challenge, a call to action while giving up control of sorts - it's going to be a good year for you Cori! Embrace surrender!

Anonymous said...

surrendering is so hard. it takes so much conscious effort. I am so bad at surrendering and then taking it back. I fail so much when i do. i guess that's inevitable when renigging on surrender. ha!! Great word!