Thursday, July 19, 2012

one foot

saw this today:


I have met some incredible people along this journey.  and so often I forget to express my appreciation. for those of you that have laughed with me, thank you.  for those of you that have ducked when the f-word is flying, thank you.  for those of you that have told me to get a grip, thank you.  for those of you that have said no, thank you.  for those of you that have just let me cry in the dark, thank you.  for those of you that have extended a hand, thank you.  for those of you that have embodied grace, thank you.

I am so destination driven that I forget that the journey is really who you meet while we're all struggling just to put one foot in front of the other.  it's about relationships.  and I suck at those.

some of us have journeyed a long way and some just a short distance.  regardless, the imprint that is made in my heart is just that.  an imprint.  permanent.  lasting.  and each of you compels me to be a better person.

thank you.

No comments: