Sunday, April 09, 2006

this evening...

so I strapped on the sneakers and hit the pavement this evening. a 30 minute powerwalk did its trick: it cleared my mind, I spent some time praying, thinking about my week and I just enjoyed the fresh air.

on tuesday we start our 1/2 marathon class. hopefully they will give us a walking schedule. regardless, I think I will accomplish many goals if I just hit the street with my shoes once a day, even if just for half an hour. ALONE. it will build up my walking stamina. it will allow me to reflect on my day. it will be my time of solitude with God.

the verse in galations keeps coming back to me "it was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to the yolk of slavery." and I printed off erika's steps from the book she is reading [which I may just have to purchase!]. this is not just a physical transformation for me anymore, but a spiritual one - one that is deeply affecting every element of who I am. scary & exciting, all at the same time.

No comments: