Wednesday, February 16, 2011

sing

I am reminded of the words from an old, old gospel hymn, "Precious Lord, Take My Hand", as I sit here today in utter exhaustion.  I didn't sleep enough last night.  the house was creaking, the cold had set in.  my mind was racing into unimaginable places.  my heart was restless and lonely.  I miss my husband.  I miss him being home at night.  being the safe place.  I know that this is just me getting used to this new routine, this new schedule, but last night was tough.  the kids are adapting a bit better than I am.  I think.  by the time they're in bed, I am alone with my thoughts and the tv.  no one to tell me I look tired and should pack it in.  no one to share a snack with.  no one to re-tuck in the one who rolls out of his bed.  tired.  and no, do not take this for complaining.  I am very grateful for this job.  I just had a rough night.

precious lord, take my hand // lead me on, let me stand // I am tired, I am weak, I'm worn // through the storm, through the night // lead me on to the light // take my hand, precious lord, lead me home

{see the bags under my eyes...and the HUGE zit by my eye...EEEEKKKK!}

in other news, glee was decent last night.  honestly, I've been a bit disappointed with season 2.  not so fresh.  a little forced.  but the last two episodes that I watched were a little more in line with what I expect glee to be.  about the music.  and I was VERY impressed that they did my chemical romance's "sing".  a great song.  totally didn't understand the lumberjack outfits, but the song was good.  rachel & mercedes also did a song from rent.  my all time favorite musical.  FOR. REAL.  so this is me NOT complaining about february sweeps month.  speaking of tv, have you checked out chicago code?  I've seen two episodes and I'm hooked.  they'd better keep it on for a while...bad things happen to all good tv shows!!  don't get me started on the demise of the best show ever to see the inside of my living room - friday night lights.  okay.  I'm rambling.  I'll stop now.

No comments: