Tuesday, May 03, 2011

I'm just a kid

well, I've survived the massive cold of spring 2011.  it's been a rough 10 days or so of cold movement through my chest, throat and nose and it has now created a permanent {it feels like} home in my sinuses.  blah.  I'll do a wee re-cap on my week:

1.  thursday last week:  yeah.  I have no recollection of this day at all.  I "taught" all day and then came home and slept.  I think.

2.  friday last week:  we had a pd day at school.  and for once, it was good and productive and generally happy!  I was exhausted by the end of it - mentally and physically.  the boys and I went for supper with my sister.  that was nice...

3.  saturday:  john was still on days; the boys and I did a bunch of running around in the morning.  weight watchers for a weigh in {down 3 lbs...yippie!!}.  the mall for some breakfast and birthday present shopping.  then ty had a birthday party to attend.  then nate did {his was a sleep over, so I was down to one kid over night!}.  then I picked ty up and he went to a friends house for a bit while I had coffee with a friend.  it was nice and low key!

4.  sunday:  ty and I were at church EARLY!  I was on media, so he just hung out with me behind the computers.  then we went and bought some groceries and grabbed some lunch.  hanging out with ty is fun.  I like that kid.  then we went and picked up nate and RACED home so that katrina could pick me up for the pixies concert!  now THAT was a good time!  it was super loud and super awesome.  I like that.  I didn't get home until 1130 that night - way too late for a sick girl.  sigh.

5.  monday:  TIRED!  shocking.  and we started soccer on monday night.  ty plays on mondays and wednesdays.  nate plays tuesday-thursdays.  I love watching the boys play, especially when the sun is shining and it's lovely outside.  monday was LOVELY.  'cause after soccer I came home, poured a glass of wine and watched election results.  loved that!

6.  today:  cold.  rain.  grey.  soccer wasn't so fun tonight.  holy wind, batman.  I came home and took a long shower just to warm up and steam out my sinuses.

yeah.  and now we're dealing with over-tired kids.  and I wasn't able to participate in the sugar challenge that I was planning to do before I got sick.  I just had no motivation.  so I am going to start up again tomorrow.  I tried today but hit a little glitch at about 3:45.  it was called the coconut mocha frappuccino. and I didn't really like it.  {okay, I liked it just a wee bit!}

so how was your week??  I throw some pictures in here soon.  too hard to do while fighting with small children...

No comments: