Sunday, September 19, 2010

magdalena

and this week's blog titles are brought to you by "flamingo" [go get yourself this album!!]...

went for a run this afternoon.  I am getting stronger.  I like that.  I was definitely more focused on the feeling than on the time, but I did manage a bunch of two and twos today [two minutes walking and two minutes running or inclining].  couldn't quite do one and twos, but that will come.  this comes the day after I saw the scale jump down another 2lbs this week, 4lbs in the last two weeks.  finally, some progress.

and in the sleep department?  yeah, THAT was a dream [pun intended!!].  ty woke up screaming at 230 this morning.  after the two times up out of bed and half an hour later, he ended up in our bed.  and I woke up with a sore back.  grrr.  well, it's not from a lack of trying, that's for sure.

so I don't know if I've talked about this at all, but I made an appointment to talk to a counsellor and I saw her for the first time last week.  there comes a point where blogging and talking to my girlfriends just isn't enough.  I probably needed to do this earlier this summer, but better late than never, right?  it was good to talk.  not like I need a lot of direction, because like she said, I do know what I need to do [denial isn't really a big issue for me], but I just need to get it all off my chest.  and she gave me some homework - to call my doctor and make an appointment and to get more sleep [ha!].  if even half of my issues are hormonal, that needs to be diagnosed by my doctor.  she also talked to me about finding a place of refuge when I'm feeling stressed out.  so today I locked myself in my closet so I could talk on the phone. I LOVE my closet and just sitting on the floor in there made me happy [strange, I know!].  and in dealing with my emotions in a healthier way, the boys seem more settled.  time-outs for mom is good.  what would be real refuge would be to sit in my closet and blog.  that would be happy-happy!!  I see her again in two weeks and hopefully I've made some progress on my "homework".

and alas, I should run to the store...but it's COLD.  wish me luck!
xoxo

No comments: