Wednesday, January 26, 2011

spice up your life

okay!  book review time.  between yesterday and right now, I've managed to read a book.  seriously.  and no, it wasn't a book in my pile.  typically I don't do sci-fi as a genre, but this book was AWSOME!!


so I borrowed all three books in this series from a lady I work with just yesterday.  and just mere minutes ago, I finished book one.  L-O-V-E.  it's teen fiction, but unlike the twilight series on so many levels.  first, the heroine is a sullen, bitchy, naive, yet fierce teenager.  she's a hunter and a survivor.  fierce.  I liken it {kinda} to twilight just because it's got that same hook.  the one that just drags you in and doesn't let you go.  the story lines are intense and compelling.  but unlike bella, katniss is not told a million times a day how beautiful she is.  although there's a bit of a love story, it's not so much the central focus.  it's like watching survivor on steriods, not like watching days of our lives with vampires {although I'm sure back in the 90's someone was stranded on an island by victor kiriakis, surrounded by vampires!}.  know what I mean?  okay, so I am cutting this short so I can start book two.  and no, I do not like it as much as I liked the girl with the dragon tattoo, but I would get my kids at school hooked on this one, that's for sure!!

how was your day?

No comments: