Tuesday, July 27, 2010

london calling

so, today was productive. andrea came over and we hang curtain rods downstairs. and I got a glimpse of the new curtains - I'm gonna LOVE them!! then I hung a curtain rod upstairs in our bedroom, although I don't have "official" curtains yet, but hanging our one lone curtain is better than having it tacked, don't you think? then I hung shelves. yeah. bad idea. oh well, there's not much I can do about it - and trust me, I've tried!! I refuse to put more anchors into the wall!!

then at supper time [because I'm not the smartest kid on the block!], I started painting canvas black. and glue gunned old cd's to the surface. [and yes, this is intentional space between the two rows!]


and then the stamps and acrylic paint came out and I did this little piece for the boy - thought it may be better than doing it directly to the wall! I got these band names from a web site that listed the top 100 british bands of all times. not too sure if I agree with all of them, but hey, it gave me something to go off of!


and then the red cross, with the title of a song by the clash [a band I quiet enjoy, and I think ty knows all the lyrics to this one!].



and then my final idea is to do a "who" logo or an "underground" logo on one of his walls as well - circles are hard though, so I'll have to spend some time thinking about it!!

and nate's room, well, I painted a canvas for him too, but it's not done yet. and I have an empty black canvas as well - but he likes stars and space and stuff like that, so I may get some glow in the dark stars and put them on the black canvas...we'll see!

still didn't paint the basement floor - will do it before the week is over. it was hard working on these projects and not having my craft room set up - I have paint mess EVERYWHERE!! tomorrow is a gong show, thursday is sit at the lake day, so friday will be the paint day! fun, fun, fun!

xoxo

No comments: