Monday, March 27, 2006

I don't like splenda

ewwww. it's like aspartame had a taste makeover that didn't take. icky, icky, icky! I just ate an oatmeal-egg white-yummy pancake but I made the mistake of putting splenda on top...talk about wrecking a totally great pancake!!

I am trying so hard to stay away from sugar today, but I SOOOOOO want to eat the cake that is sitting on my counter. and the almonds in the freezer [they are covered in chocolate!]. and the sugar on nate's face. LOL

I CAN DO THIS!!!

2 comments:

susan said...

where did my comment go?? Weird. What I had said was:

Please do not resort to licking sugar off your childs face! For the sake of Nate have a dang almond!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Ha ha!I can so relate to this journey, Susan and Cori. While nuts covered in chocolate are one of my main trigger foods, I like snacking on nuts that aren't covered in chocolate too. And I keep them in the freezer. And I try to stick to 1oz of nuts a day which equals approx:

47 shelled pistachios
24 almonds
20 pecan halves
14 walnut halves

Have you tried Stevia as a sweetener? They say it is much better for you than aspartame and it comes in a powdered or liquid form.