Friday, March 31, 2006

Prologue

I started reading "the Way of the Heart" last night and Nouwen talkes about 2 verses: John 1:9-11 & Romans 12:2. The John verse talks about being light in the darkness and Paul says in Romans, "do not model yourselves on the behaviour of the world around you, but let your behaviour change, modeled by your new mind. this is the only way to discover the will of God and know what is good, what it is God wants, what the perfect thing to do".

These verses have been on my mind since I read them and I am wondering how they can impact my life...I am going to ponder them, meditate on them, memorize them.

On a food note, I am 5 days without sugar. I am feeling good, like the detox is over! Going to school next week, continuing on this, is going to take a lot of organization...but, not the end of the world. Speaking of which, I need a snack - maybe some corn tortillas and salsa!

No comments: