Thursday, October 28, 2010

time warp

so I want to paint my fingernails.  but I really suck at it for a number of reasons.  first, I'm not a details person.  that means that I usually don't notice mistakes.  until it's too late.  second, mistakes bug me...after the fact!  third, I suck at doing ANYTHING with my left hand.  such a good time.  NOT.  and then there is the damn dry time.  I never give nails long enough to dry.  and then they smudge.

okay, it's been 24 hours since I last started this post.  the nails look like crap.  LOL  but I love the dark purple/sparkly black colour.  they will need an update for tomorrow.

so tomorrow is officially the worst school day of the year.  HALLOWEEN!  kids were already hyper today.  so sad.  I, for once in my life, have prepared for halloween well in advance.  I bought a badge and a tshirt in vegas - CSI baby!  so at the halloween store I bought evidence markers, john has a ball cap and I have handcuffs!  it's a pretty decent costume - easy and includes wearing uggs and blue jeans!  L-O-V-E!

so I did something wild and crazy this week.  I signed up at a local gym for a 60 day challenge.  it cost $20 and basically I am committing to 60 days of right eating, exercise and general depravation.  november 1 until december 31.  and I am thinking of committing to a couple of changes - daily movement, no booze [SHOCKING!], and no refined or fake sugar.  the last one could KILL me.  it means no diet soda.  no candy.  no white bread products.  no baking.  no lattes [no gingerbread lattes].  in order to stay sane, I may allow myself to have a couple of free days - christmas day and the odd sunday.  but really, I need to detox my system and get my blood sugar under control.  I use sugar for energy and it's a quick fix, but then I get sluggish and lazy and cranky.  it's a stress thing [understandable!] but now that the stress has decreased, I need to get my butt back into shape.  good times.  tomorrow I go for a body composition thingy - they weigh and measure me.  EEEEKKKK!  and then every second week until it's done.  good thing, I have lots to fix so I could win the challenge...there is a prize, and $500 would be AWESOME.  but really, better than $500 would be a pair of size 12 blue jeans.  that's what I'm aiming for.  september was good, october has been awful and in 60-some days I am hoping for a leaner, meaner me!!

No comments: