Friday, October 01, 2010

bells of 59

so I did it.  out of the blue.  went today and got a tattoo.  back of my neck, three coloured dots.  red, orange & light blue.  I know, sounds strange.  trust me, it's all good!  ...  my wee ellipses.  it's all sorts of symbolic for me.  the ellipses in my world of language arts and punctuation is a sorta "to be continued" thing.  I feel like in this stage of my life, it's good to be reminded that I'm not at a finished point yet.  things are still happening.  I'm still happening.  then the colours - red for canada, orange representing my dutch heritage and blue is for the boys.  although VERY swollen when I saw it, I LOVE IT!  I'll post a picture once it heals.

and yes, it really, really hurt!  found out after the fact [from my hairdresser] that the top of my back/base of my neck is one of the more painful places to get a tattoo.  shocking.  I think it's funny that although tyler, my tattoo guy, knew it was my first tattoo, knew I was super nervous, and never once let on that the entire seven minutes were going to hurt so badly!!

anyways, john doesn't know yet...could be fun to show him!!!

No comments: