Thursday, November 25, 2010

something greater

so I follow a few blogs.  no surprise.  really, I quote people ALL the time!  I found this post yesterday and I think I listened to this song five or six times.  you know when things happen at specific times for specific reasons?  I mean lots of times that happens, only occasionally we're aware of them happening.  yesterday, finding this song, was in some sort of perfect vortex of time and space.  I needed it right then.

your doubt will turn to knowing
your faith with turn to showing
and you will find your life
in something greater {m. thompson}

as much as it would be easy to believe that the world is random, I just can't believe that.  nothing is random.  everything is connected.  people.  events.  relationships.  a passing wave.  communities.  strangers.  there are reasons greater than my knowledge as to why I know you and why you know me.  I am toying with the idea that I have forgotten this.  taken advantage of it even.  chosen not to connect.  or reconnect.  not listened to my gut when I know I should have.  I'm veering a bit.  regardless, connection and meaning and purpose come from something greater.  something better.  and although I struggle with trusting myself and God in those moments of doubt and pain, I hear this song.  not the day before, not a day too late, but right in that correct, unrandom [just made up that word!] moment.  just being shown the sign again that I am not alone.  not random.  not unworthy.  another sign of grace.  another sign that God is calling my name.

and now I found this - Jeremiah 29:11b-14

"...I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen.  "When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." 

promises made to a different people in a different time, yet still relevant to me.  right here.  right now.  another sign.  I have a strong feeling that it's my time to start paying attention.  I have been asleep for far too long.  because these signs have always been there.  I just haven't been awake to see them.

No comments: